THE JOURNEY

Sharing the Christian Journey with joy and insights. To inspire, encourage, transform your outlook and purpose for life.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Speak Lord, Your Servant is Listening


when we come to prayer we must turn everything over to God. We must be willing to let go.  I like to pray, let your perfect will be done in my life.  If there is anything that has gotten in that is not of you Lord, I rebuke it and cast it out, and sent to Jesus to do what ever He sees fit.  I was reading this morning in my book The Inner Journey, about prayer.  This chapter is written by Richard Temple, Silence of the Heart.  I have read some of his books years ago.  I am including some of his quoats that I think are especially good.  Hope it blesses someone.
"Although not everyone is on the way, the way is in everyone."
"In order to maintain a state of openness in prayer we must wage a ceaseless and unseen warfare against our imagination, thoughts, and the aimless circling of the mind.  The weapon with which we guard our inner state against the minds endless distractions is attention."
"Until the mind is freed from the multitudes of thoughts and has achieved the single simplicity of purity, it cannot experience spiritual knowledge".   St Isaac of Syria
" The journey must begin in practice; the candidate must start acquiring that other kind of knowledge which only comes through the techniques of inner silence, contemplation, and non-attachment.  " You will never learn the work of spiritual striving from words alone, says St. Abba Dorotheus."


to be continued!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home