THE JOURNEY

Sharing the Christian Journey with joy and insights. To inspire, encourage, transform your outlook and purpose for life.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

2011

How can it be mid January already?  Undecorated done I am now thinking and praying about what next Lord.  I do like new beginnings.  There are so many areas I could go in but I find myself bodged down and in with the weather.  I hate being cold, and as it is a cold and dreary day I think I will sit by the fire and continue with a good book.  Tomorrow can take care of it's self for now.  Sound like a good New Year resolution?  Works for me. I'll share this poem by my friend Sherrill  Schlimpert and recommend her little devotional book,  Cream for your Coffee.                      Like one of your Sheep  
  Life hurts I cry out, too much bad, too much pain O Lord, why is peace so hard to obtain?    Why so much sadness, fatigue, sickness, rain,  out of this darkness, what can I gain?    Then You remind me that like one of your sheep I just need to follow, Your promises You'll keep.  Through the valleys, the shadows, taking hold of your hand, is the simple way to the promised land.      For without the hard journey we'll never learn the way to high places; we can barely discern what you have in store.       Unless we follow your lead, knowing You'll meet us in each step of our need.     For without the sorrows, the darkness through which we need to be led, we would never know our need to be fed.       So feed us dear Jesus, in our hunger we appeal, kowing we'll find all if at Your feet we kneel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home