THE JOURNEY

Sharing the Christian Journey with joy and insights. To inspire, encourage, transform your outlook and purpose for life.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Listen to Your Life

We have been doing a lot of talking in our Beauty form Ashes group lately about facing our fears and taking baby steps to do so.  Our discussions are being guided by this book I heartily recommend.  "Live Big" by Katie Brazelton.  I really love her books because they seem so anointed to me and speak right to my heart. God has some incredibly specific plans for our lives, so how do we find out what they are.  Well, along with prayer, which should be a given, I think we need to be committed to the journey.  Most things in life don't come easily but require great effort.  So, look at your life, look for the many times God has intervened and saved a situation, transformed it.  What strengths and wisdom have you learned?  What is God's perspective?  How might He be training you up for just a time such as this?  What are your talents ?  And, as so often in my own life when I don't seem to be getting the answers I can hear Him ask me, " well, what would you like to do?  What excites you and gives you energy?  Where is your passion?    Fear of failure has held me back so much in the past, but having a better understanding of who I am in Christ has set me free.  I will be 70 years old in June and I am finally living totally for Him.  Life can be a grand adventure when you relax and just let Him be your daily provision.  I have had so many times when He has just had me stand and I would (hyper that I am) get impatient for results.  So don't let satan (fear) rob you of your joy.  When we are walking in His perfect will for our lives we have all the courage, power, love, self discipline and more, He provides ALL we need to get the job done, one baby step at a time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home