THE JOURNEY

Sharing the Christian Journey with joy and insights. To inspire, encourage, transform your outlook and purpose for life.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Spiritual Connection to Curve Balls in the Midst of Life.

Wow, here it is April already.  A lot has been going on in our family over the past six weeks.  Without going into a whole litany of problems suffice it to say that I have been very aware of God's presence with me.  I never could understand people expressing the opposite experience during difficulties when my own experience has been so different.  The most significant health set back was my Bill's hip replacement surgery.  After now 53 years of marriage you could say that what happens to one happens to the other.  We have always been affected by what was happening more with the other than with our selves.  Well, he is home now, three weeks into his recovery and we have settled into our routine very nicely.  Now, to try and share with all of you the spiritual connection that weaves it's self through all of life.  I have experenced His enabling power before in othe situations and now again, this ability to cope when you just want to curl up and say," wake me up when it is over". It really has been an emotional roller-coaster for me.  I experienced some post traumatic stress over the issues of care giving.  Remember dear friends that I spent many years caring for first Bill's Mom, she lived with us for thirteen years.  Then it was time to support my parents who lived with us for the last five years of their lives.  There were many times when I didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel.  I can look back now and see that the Lord used all of the hard times to bring me into a deeper relationship with Him.  Isn't that why we count it all joy?  We should come out of this awareness saying," Sock it To Me".  Wellm along with the emotional we have the physical isssues.  During times of stress our body responds in the area's of it's weakest links; so I haven't felt exactly at my best these last few weeks; in fact you could say that I have felt like the wind had gone out of my sails.  Today is a quiet day, just P.T. here and so some time to play catch up with my stuff.  My word of encouragement for you when you find youself going through stuff that feels like it is too much is to try very hard to be faithful to your quiet time; in fact lengthen it if possible. Look at all the many options of disciplines towards keeping the awareness of His presence close. Relax in His presence and just let Him love on you and you thank Him for being who He is and ever grateful that He is in control.    Music, take it with you where ever you go.  Isn't it great that we can do that now!  Put a cross in your pocket, where special jewelry.  A friend gave Bill a bracelet that said Take Courage, with God All Things are Possible. In taking care of myself I have had to look at my priorities and just tackle the top three.  Adding and extra massage to the schedule and other things I need to do for me to play and lighten up a bit.  This Friday I am going to meet a friend for lunch and then go buy my garden plants.  She is going to help me with some of my yard work that I an so behind in.  I have been working on a Prayer/Workshop over the last two months on and off.  It will be finished when it is finished.  I try not to give myself dead-lines if I can help it.  Thanks for all of you who have prayed and love us so... It is good. God bless you. K           Share you own experiences with me.  Maybe it will make it into a book someday.  Bill has his own story of this experience.  He has told me that he has been blown away at the courage of the people that he has met in the hospital rehap. I will ask him if he will do a post for us. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home