Call on My Life
Time for a new look. Can you imagine that I had to get to be 70 years old to like my hair. This is the result of my going for Karatin treatments. I never could grow my hair very long because it would just go out, and out, and out. I really am enjoying this time of retirement in my life. Staying busy with ministry and still having time to be still and know He is God.
Thought I would share some excerpts from a talk on Prayer I put together a while ago. First of all you have to know that it would be total arrogance for me to even presume even minimal competence. So, this is some things I have learned over the years on my own person journey.
"The true born child of God cares little for man's opinion". So says this daily meditation of Words of Cheer for Daily Living. " All says he may fail me. Penniless, without friends or food or shelter, even at deaths door, yet he says, each breath in my body belongs to Christ, and I am ready to shed it for His sake." Like Paul, he counts all things but loss so that he may win with Christ and that he may be found in Him; and when the world thunders and roars, he smiles at the uproar, while he hums his pleasant tune." I want to be so yielded as to live like that. How about you?
Thought I would share some excerpts from a talk on Prayer I put together a while ago. First of all you have to know that it would be total arrogance for me to even presume even minimal competence. So, this is some things I have learned over the years on my own person journey.
"The true born child of God cares little for man's opinion". So says this daily meditation of Words of Cheer for Daily Living. " All says he may fail me. Penniless, without friends or food or shelter, even at deaths door, yet he says, each breath in my body belongs to Christ, and I am ready to shed it for His sake." Like Paul, he counts all things but loss so that he may win with Christ and that he may be found in Him; and when the world thunders and roars, he smiles at the uproar, while he hums his pleasant tune." I want to be so yielded as to live like that. How about you?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home