The Vine, the Branches and the Fruit
We cannot produce fruit unless our little branch stay strongly attached to the One True Vine-Jesus Christ
"It's only a little branch,
A thing so fragile and weak.
But that little branch has a message true
To give, could it only speak.
I'm only a little branch,
I, live by a life not mine,
For the sap that flows through my tendrils small
Is the life-blood of the Vine.
No power indeed have I
The fruit of myself to bear,
But since I'm part of the living Vine
It's fruitfulness I share.
Do you ask how I abide?
How this life I can maintain?
I am bound to the Vine by life's strong band,
And I only need to remain.
Where first my life was given,
In the spot where I am set,
Upon and upheld as the days go by,
As moment by moment I draw life,
Which for evermore shall last.
I bask in the sun's bright beams"
Andrew Murray
I say, Yes Lord! It is my heart's desire to abide in you, and I trust in your enabling power to walk in your perfect will for my life. I spent so much time in ministry working for you but not making enough time to sit at you feet like Mary. We all have that Martha/Mary in us so it makes it so important to get the order right. Ministry with out God's hand in it is fruitless. We must abide in unbroken communion with the vine.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home